The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 2014年首月家居市场有点冷 2月中下旬起始回暖
- Fixed Income Securities
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 摆脱家具制造业困局的重点是提高生产力 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 南康家具进出口贸易服务中心揭牌成立 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 网传深圳一复式房1671平方米售价6.5亿元 官方：消息不实: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 京东发力家居家装市场 打通线上支付与线下服务 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
What Mr Ravenscroft liked about it when he was choosing his graduate career path was that it of-fered the best of two worlds. He would be fast-tracked into the classroom, earning a salary, being mentored by an executive from the private sector and making contacts with business; in return, he would commit to teaching for two years and complete a teacher training qualification.
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 家纺“微信门”进入司法程序 富安娜向梦洁家纺索赔200万
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 2016法兰克福照明展观察：外观创新渐呈减弱态势 产品功能渐呈多样趋势
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- 在选择毕业后的职业道路的时候，雷文斯克罗夫特青睐Teach First的原因是，它兼具两个世界的好处。他能够快速当上教师，领取薪水，接受私人部门高管的指导，并与企业接触；相应地，他将承诺任教两年，完成教师资格培训认证。
- 广东出台29条促消费新政 采取多种方式增加租赁住房用地有效供应
- 发展遇多重瓶颈 光伏企业转战分布式市场
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
It was the first "real" James Bond song (again, the first two films only opened with orchestral music), and it's still the best. Shirley Bassey got an opportunity to sing her soul out and she accepted the challenge with obvious pleasure. This is a song that makes the villain Auric Goldfinger seem a lot more threatening (and attractive) than he actually is, but that's part of the miracle of Bassey's work here. It's proud and heroic and enticing and it's kind of a lie, but who cares? The music is pure James Bond, the lyrics are pure machismo, and the performance is perfect.